The Less-Stress Vets: House Call Veterinarians
We make full-service veterinary house calls and serve almost half of New Jersey and parts of New York and Maryland. Our doctors provide veterinary care for your healthy and sick companions, including vaccinations, blood work, diagnostics and lab tests; right in your home. For x-rays, surgery or hospitalization, we are affiliated with various local hospitals.
Our doctors' house calls last an average of 45 minutes so that they can provide personalized care for the pets and have time for in-depth discussions with the clients. Our clients avoid the inconvenience of a veterinary office visit and exposing their animals to undue stress. We are truly The Less-Stress Vets.
We Also Provide Veterinary Care
Dr. Monica Maa is providing care for dogs, cats and small exotic mammals in Bowie, Laurel, College Park, Hyattsville, Upper Marlboro, Silver Spring, Bethesda, Rockville, Potomac, Takoma Park and the surrounding areas of MD.
For a detailed listing of our Maryland service area, visit MD Service Areas.
For more information about Dr. Maa, visit MD Veterinarians and Staff.
Make a House Call Appointment
Call us at any of the following numbers:
Before you call, we highly recommend starting your pets' electronic medical records. Simply click the "Register" link under Client Login menu on the left. Doing so will prevent clerical errors, save time on the phone and provide the doctors with the information they need before the first visit to your home.
You will also have an opportunity to upload a picture for each pet's record during online registration.
Dr. Elliott treats a patient during a home visit
The following is a partial list of the services we can perform during a home visit. After an exam, our doctors present our clients with the most appropriate and cost effective options.
- Wellness Exams
- These are the periodic and healthy pet exams that are usually combined with routine diagnostics and vaccinations.
- Sick Animal Exams
- These are for animals who are feeling under the weather or who have medical conditions. These exams are usually combined with diagnostics and treatment plans.
- Young or Senior Animal Exams
- Very young or elderly animals require special care. These exams are designed to meet the needs of those age groups.
- Exotic Small Mammal Exams – Maryland Only
- These exams are designed to meet the special care needs of exotic small mammals (Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents) and should be scheduled twice annually.
- Routine Diagnostics
- Wellness Diagnostics
- Other Diagnostics
- Skin Scraping (for Mite Infestation)
- Ear Cytology (for Bacteria and Yeast Infections)
- Fine Needle Aspirate Cytology (for Skin Growths or Masses)
- Ear Mite Swabs
- Bacterial Culture with Antibiotic Sensitivity Test
- Preventive Medicine and Treatment Plans (Including Medications Dispensed During the Visit or Shipped Directly to Your Home)
- Heartworm Monthly Prevention
- Flea and Tick Control
- Prescription Medications
- Core and Recommended Vaccines
- DHPP Vaccine (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza and Parvovirus)
- Rabies Vaccine
- Bordetella Vaccine
- Lyme Vaccine
- FVRCP Vaccine (Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia)
- Rabies Vaccine
- FeLV Vaccine (Feline Leukemia Virus)
- Ferrets – Maryland Only
- Ferret Distemper Vaccine
- Rabies Vaccine
- Acupuncture - New Jersey Only
- Compassionate At-Home Euthanasia